Saturday, June 18, 2022

Personal Prerogative: Where Have I Been?

 Today was the first day in a LONG time that a state party convention happened in person and I did not attend. 

I can honestly say that I didn't miss it all that much. While I enjoyed the day and meeting all the candidates, my personal priorities have changed, and the current nature of politics has taken a lot of fun out of it.

In case you might be bumping into my blog for the first time, I founded the Indy Democrat Blog a long time ago in 2008. I wrote daily for a long time, including weekends. That was back when my fervor for party politics was at its peak. Slowly, I began to see how "the sausage is made", and I became much more of a Stadler and Waldorf kind of character. I enjoyed that role too.

I know I made a lot of friends through the blog, and I probably also made some enemies. As my love for politics cooled, my love for blogging went with it. Eventually, I pulled the plug and even deleted the original Indy Democrat Blog from the internet.

From time to time, I get an itch to blog, and I will occasionally scratch it. I find myself getting lost in the minutae and details and often delete what I write before I post. I've taken my snarkiness and politics more to Twitter these days. 

As I see all my friends posting pictures today and talking about their experiences at the Jefferson-Jackson Day Hoosier Hospitality Dinner and the Indiana Democratic Party Convention, it brings back those memories of myself being so jazzed up that I'd post and live blog the event on social media. 

I'll check back in here from time-to-time, and I may have something to say every once in a while. I'm not deleting this blog. It's going to stay up, so I won't ever close that blogging door. I think of myself as someone who's still walking through the political wilderness trying to find out what it all meant. I may figure it out someday.

When I do, you, my blogging audience, will be first to know.

In the meantime, congratulations to the Indiana Democratic Party on a great convention, a strong slate of statewide candidates and, by all accounts, a very good "Big Dem Weekend" in Indianapolis. Let's go win in November.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated. Inappropriate comments, off topic comments, spam comments or comments that demean, insult, or are deemed offensive by the blog owner will be deleted. Please be kind. Please be informed.

Search This Blog